Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Cabbage Rolls

Ok, well I thought I would experiment with this blog site and write about these last few days off.

I am kind of beside myself, as I really just focused in on "mature" things to occupy my time. You know cleaning the house, cooking dinner, listening to folk music, PLANNING for another dinner. I really must be getting older and tamer. Rewind me back to when I was 24 and I had two days off and I guarantee you that I would not have a clue what I would be eating that second day. Furthermore, I had to have these cabbage rolls thought out and planned for for MORE than two days in advance. Reallly, the recipe calls for all that time!

So, I was stewing on those thoughts and actions, wondering if I should put some Ben Gay on a joint or two for prophylaxis when I decided to get the hell out of Dodge. I only get so many days off and why should I be cleaning and cooking when I could be rafting! So I conceived a solo run down Crescent Creek. I got my gear all packed up. I was ready to go. Time for some adventure come morning. Well morning arrived and with it rains. Sadly, I took off my rafting gloves and donned rubber cleaning ones...

I am kind of glad that I stopped myself. After the days toils were over and no adventure was had, I started thinking about day two of my R&R. Why not do the run tomorrow. I had a good forcast! So I decided thats what I was going to do, but I happened to do a search on that particular creek. I wanted to see what others had done on this trip. The account I read indicated a fun little jaunt, but they labeled the route "extremely dangerous and challenging" Nothing was going my way. I decided that a solo route would not be prudent, and begged off my rafting. Plan B was biking.

I headed off for the Russian River and a little bike trip. Pretty tame, but Yogi liked it, and I wasn't risking my life. Construction workers happened to be replacing culverts. I went to the falls where there still are salmon spawning and making their runs, and then I doubled back and headed up to Barber Cabin. This cabin has received a lot of work and its really nice. I intend to rent it this winter, and see what the area is like for cross country!

Sigh, I made it out in plenty of time to make my cabbage rolls and watch Discovery before my bedtime....

1 comment:

  1. Jared, a blog, eh? Seems to totally fit you!! Awesome! You can be my coach when I start mine. Hugs, CR-D in the rose city of Portland

    ReplyDelete